Research > Cause Marketing
CAuse Marketing research, statistics & quotes
Cause marketing, or cause-related marketing, is where a for-profit organisation and a not-for-profit organisation collaborate for mutual benefit.
"Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want."
Anna Lappe, O Magazine, June 2003
Millennials to control as much as $31 trillion by 2020.
87% of millennials believe corporate success is not only financial.
People wouldn’t care if 74% of the brands they use just disappeared.
75% of us expect brands to make more of a contribution to our wellbeing and quality of life, yet only 40% believe brands are doing so.
- An estimated $1.2 trillion opportunity exists for brands that make their sustainability credentials clear
- A third of consumers are now buying from brands based on their social and environmental impact
When choosing between two brands of equal quality and price, 90% of U.S. shoppers are likely to switch to a cause branded product.
42% of North American shoppers would pay extra for products and services from companies committed to positive social and environmental impact.
- 88% of Americans want to hear about businesses’ social responsibility and the most preferred place to hear about these efforts is on the product’s packaging or label
- 52% of shoppers worldwide check product labels before buying to ensure the brand is committed to positive social and environmental impact
- 79% of shoppers would donate to a charity supported by a trusted business
43% of millennials find it easier to contribute to the causes they care about through a business’s program than giving to the nonprofit charity directly.
69% of millennials worldwide want businesses to facilitate their involvement in addressing social challenges.