The Shared Value Forum (SVF) returns to Melbourne on April 13. Presented by the Shared Value Project, the one-day event will explore the theme ‘Business: Partnering for change’. We preview what’s in store for 2016.
Shared Value in focus
Talks, interactive lab sessions, case studies, panel discussions and workshops are some of the events on offer at this year’s Shared Valued Forum. While details of the full program and speakers are yet to be released, some details have been confirmed. Events include panel discussions such as ‘How does business create shared value through partnerships?’ and ‘How can businesses help tackle some of society’s biggest issues?’ and a case study on Discovery, a shared value insurance company. Speakers include:
- Mark Kramer, co-founder and CEO of FSG and co-author (alongside Michael E Porter) of the seminal ‘Creating Shared Value’ article for the Harvard Business Review. (Read his insights on last year’s SVF on the Benojo blog here)
- Tim Costello, CEO of World Vision
- Peter Yates, deputy chairman of Myer Family Investments and chair of the Shared Value Project
- Jacki Johnson, group executive of people, performance and reputation at general insurance group IAG
- Adrian Gore, founder and CEO of Discovery, a South African shared value insurance company
- Richard Welford, CSR expert, founder and chairman of CSR Asia
The power of partnerships
The Shared Value Forum in 2016 hopes to be a platform for driving change around shared value in Australia and the Asia Pacific region. The aim being to inspire attendees to review their current strategies with a focus on shared value, while also providing opportunities to learn from member organisations sharing their work and stories of shared value in business.
Helen Steel, executive director of the Shared Value Project, who is also speaking at the Forum says: "We are looking forward to hearing new stories from the community, and particularly with the focus on partnerships how corporate, not-for-profits, and government can work together to create shared value."
The Shared Value Forum is on in Melbourne at the NAB Auditorium on April 13.
A place to collaborate, donate and volunteer, Benojo is a social impact platform that connects the giving space.
Contact us to learn more about our work and how we could help you.